Some of the careers that Art leads to:
|1. Architect||2. Graphic Design|
|3. Interior Desing||4. Theatre Designer|
|9. Industrial Designer||10. Hairdresser|
|11. Beautician||12. Printmaker|
|13. Painter||14. Sculptor|
|15. Art Historian||16. Museum Curator|
|17. Exhibitions Manager||18. Fashion Designer|
|19. Screen Printer||20. Packaging Designer|
|21. Body Painter||22. Tattooist|
|23. Computer Games Designer|
The Visual Arts Department is a sole charge department, established over a fifteen year period. A full curriculum delivery is in place with resources built up over that period to support it. There are iMacs linked to a Konica Minolta printer, a bank of DSLR cameras, a Conrad table top printing press, an extensive art library housed in the department, two teaching spaces and a darkroom. Courses run from 9 to 13 covering the five practical areas. There is a growing demand for Photography. Senior students are encouraged to take Art History by correspondence or VC. Students are very loyal to this department. Students over a long time have regularly gained entry to tertiary visual arts courses and gained qualifications. Currently there are students from this department, in tertiary institutes studying Architectural Design, Spatial Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design and Media Studies.
EOTC (field trips) are a vital part of our senior Visual Arts experience. Events planned for 2014 are:
1. Top Art Manawatu, Level 3 Folios, Te Manawa in April. (Year 12 and 13 Photography, Painting and Design Students)
2. STAR PhotoSchool in May. This is a 2 day intensive photography workshop from 8:30am to 6:30pm both days. (Open to all senior Visual Arts students and those across the school with a genuine interest in photography).
3. Wellington Art Galleries Field trip (Dowse Art Museum, Lower Hutt & City Gallery, Civic Square in June (Year 11/12/13 Visual Arts students).
4. NZ Top Art - Level 3 folios at Te Manawa in September (Year 12 & 13 Photography, Painting & Design students).
5. Quay School of Art, Design and Fashion Design, UCOL, Whanganui in September. (Senior Fabric & Year 11, 12 and 13 Visual Arts Students.
6. The Art Show: Folios from the 2014 senior students in December
Another proposal in the pipeline is to run an Arts Festival in Term 3, a part of which would be a retrospective exhibition of a selection of Visual Arts folios from the past fifteen years. Watch this space!!!!!